Below on the left is the first car I cleaned up using a glass fibre burnishing pen compared to the tarnished brass on the right hand side.
Here is a disassembled coach with bits, where I discovered that all that glistens is not necessarily brass, as the casting for the boxes on the underframe were some softish grey metal that had been painted to look like brass.
The power bogies were a challenge to get apart, because of the screw fitting and space to get at it. I'm afraid I did a bit of a bodge job on these, but as I intend to be re-powering the cars I don't see this as a problem in the long run.
I then sprayed red all over and then masked the coaches before spraying them green, and re-masked the cars so I could spray the roofs black. The car on the left of the picture is the previously posted 737 series model.
And here they are awaiting fitting of the underframes, which will take a while for me to get round to, as I'm looking at my options for replacing the antiquated motor and gears with something a bit more up to date. Some minor touch-up paint work is still to be done too.
After that all I've got to do is order the transfers to letter these cars.