Yesterday was a one step forward, two steps back kind of day. I found out to my chagrin that I hadn't aligned the curved turnout correctly for the reverse loop. Gnashing of teeth. So I had to pull up the junction and re-align the turnouts, shorten connecting tracks and adjust alignments to match etc.
Then I had to make a 14 inch radius template to curve the flex track with.
Other than that I did manage to lay another turnout and put in a couple of short connecting straights in. I also corrected an alignment issue with the angle of the yard that removed a kink I hadn't noticed.
I then made up half a dozen more sets of dropper wires and soldered then to bits of track that were waiting to be laid.
So still a few upturned turtles to see too tomorrow.