Thursday 29 December 2011

Burnham Yard Track Laying 4

Yesterday was a one step forward, two steps back kind of day. I found out to my chagrin that I hadn't aligned the curved turnout correctly for the reverse loop. Gnashing of teeth. So I had to pull up the junction and re-align the turnouts, shorten connecting tracks and adjust alignments to match etc.


Then I had to make a 14 inch radius template to curve the flex track with.


Other than that I did manage to lay another turnout and put in a couple of short connecting straights in. I also corrected an alignment issue with the angle of the yard that removed a kink I hadn't noticed.


I then made up half a dozen more sets of dropper wires and soldered then to bits of track that were waiting to be laid.


So still a few upturned turtles to see too tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment