Monday, 13 February 2012

Mistress of the Return Loop

At the weekend I completed the wiring of the reverse loop and on Sunday night I ran my first train from the right hand side staging entry point, through the reversing loop and into the yard and up to the buffer stop of the switch lead.


That was the good news. The bad news is a list of growing problems that need fixing. Two broken power feeds, one turnout that is going to need a rebuild as the mouldings that hold the rail have broken, and freight cars falling off the rails, like leaves falling off the trees in autumn.

Oh yes, model railways are fun...

Just to cap it all locomotive #452 just disgraced itself with a universal joint to one of the bogies slipping.  I took her apart for some TLC. What they did to the universal joint to make it fit is at the heart of the reason why it failed, and quite frankly I'm thinking rebuild. On the whole I think I could do a better job with the transmission, and get a flywheel into the locomotive too.

No comments:

Post a Comment