Oh dear the horror...
My soldering iron really doesn't have enough thermal capacity to handle the job, so I had to pre-heat the areas I was working on with a miniature brazing torch. Unfortunately, as a result the roof fell off as I was working on it. Oops! And as can also be seen the hood and the retaining plate too. You can't see it here but the other retaining plate also lost alignment too.
No matter though as it can be soldered back on. I discovered that it was handed in the process. By handed I mean that it fit better one way round and not the other. Things that look quite precisely made are often not as precise as one would thing. However, this is a sign that the model was a craftsman build, rather than machine built.
Various other bits fell off too. Including one of the hood covers and both the fixing plates to attach the body to the chassis.
Reassembled and looking like it has gone through the wars at this point. I took the opportunity to realigned the window frames to match the #457.
And here she is after a clean up with methylated spirits, a dip in the sonic cleaner and some going over with a fibre glass brush.
Big oops on the hood soldering now readily apparent as a gap has appeared. Oh well this is only stage one; she had go back into the soldering shop as two of the seams on the other hood that join it to the cab have broken.