Wednesday 13 June 2012

Thirteen Back Up


Saturday saw us down in Chatham, Kent, which is a 140 mile round journey for us, so not a show we go to often, but well worth the time it took. The Chatham show takes place in the historic dockyards, based in one of the sheds on the quay. Being semi-open to the elements it can be a bit cold, if the weather is inclement, which it was on Saturday. At least one trader was complaining of being cold.

Saw a lot of very nice layouts with a wide selection of scales with a good mix of British, American and European models. The latter often being visitors from abroad, which is quite common to the Chatham show. Bought a building kit, and was bought an NCE Power Cab by my partner, to replace my old Lenz Digital Plus, which was a bit basic for my needs.

Sunday we went to a BBQ, so didn't get much modelling done.

However, I did finally get my back order of wheels from Caboose Hobbies at the weekend. I have been spending sometime sorting out all the axles by length, before mounting them in the trucks of my freight cars that have been so long sans wheels.


2 comments:

  1. Great write-up!! I've fun time here reading this wonderful allocation. Keep up the god jobs to generate more visitors to this site. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's always great to get comments. What is interesting is that now that I have these cars back on the layout I'm more enthused to get the wiring sorted out and start operating. Can't really switch with just six cars; well you can, but it gets old real quick.

      Delete